Clicking on Threads and Ad Popping Up Instead

fly girl

DIS Veteran
For the last 2 days it sporadically happens. I go to click on a thread or jump to another forum and instead of that page loading, an ad takes over my screen. Allbirds was yesterday. Today it was some car thing.

Why is this happening? Incredibly frustrating especially when I have my Ad Blocker and Ad Blocker Pro installed.

Can you try switching to the "Wide" template and let me know? You can switch the template at the bottom left.

It happened to me several times over several days as well.

Today, in the middle of browsing, the website changed to a blue background. It had a different header couldn't find my profile or where to log out. I posted this and the site changed back to the original layout. I went back to browsing and it turned blue again. I'm gonna log out for the day and see if whatever you guys are doing straightens itself out.

I didn't change to wide and I haven't gotten it in a few days. What I am asking is why it happened and what do you expect wide to solve. Was it that the borders of the ads encroached on the headers?
Chill with attitude. Read the previous posts that I've answered numerous times. This is not something I am in control of and it’s a rogue Google ad. The Wide template is my process of elimination.

Chill with attitude. Read the previous posts that I've answered numerous times. This is not something I am in control of and it’s a rogue Google ad. The Wide template is my process of elimination.
I'm sorry. I didn't intend to have an attitude. I don't know who you are and assumed you knew more the the IT side of things. I go back and forth between Chrome and my android phone. The phone is a real problem with glitches like this. I'm trying to understand the logic so that I can figure out what to do when I have issues in the future.

No need to answer.

Having the same issue with mobile Chrome, not sure what wide template is. Tried Safari, first subforum immediately had the same popup. Really unfortunate what’s happening to Google these days.

I'm sorry. I didn't intend to have an attitude. I don't know who you are and assumed you knew more the the IT side of things. I go back and forth between Chrome and my android phone. The phone is a real problem with glitches like this. I'm trying to understand the logic so that I can figure out what to do when I have issues in the future.

No need to answer.
I didn't find your posts to have "attitude". It seemed like a reasonable question. I don't understand why it couldn't be answered or if they didn't know the answer, they could just say that.

I'm on Chrome and have also had a steep increase in the number of ads popping up while I'm on Disboards this week, I thought I was accidentally hitting an ad while scrolling, but started being hyper aware and it still happens.

I clicked in the lower left and looked for a way to go to "Wide" as suggested, and did not see anything (I do have the browser on full screen already).

//More concerning is I just had one of those fake "you've visited an illegal site, click here to scan your computer" pop ups. I exited the browser and am watching to see if it reoccurs. I realize it might not be Disboards related but wanted to give a heads up just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter